THE BEST OF THE ‘3-MINUTE’ COMPRESSION GAUZES
Celox™ Gauze hemostat has been CoTCCC approved for DoD use.
Pack the gauze directly on to the bleeding source and hold pressure for three minutes to stop bleeding from arterial injuries, gunshot wounds, road traffic accidents and other severe bleeding injuries.
- Celox™ Gauze demonstrated the highest observed survival rate – 90% in laboratory testing*.5
- Published success in the field.2,3
- Chosen by multiple NATO forces.
- Stops hypothermic bleeding4 as found in severe traumatic injuries.
Celox™ works independently of the body’s clotting mechanism unlike Combat Gauze* and other inorganic mineral based gauze products. It works on hypothermic blood that does not clot normally, often found in serious casualties.
US DOD LABORATORY TEST RESULTS
This study was carried out in order to review the DoD recommendation for choice of hemostatic gauze.
- 90% survival for Celox Gauze, other products achieved 50 – 70 %
- Significantly reduced blood loss 10 minutes after treatment for Celox Gauze, compared to Combat Gauze
- Celox Gauze final blood loss 29 ml/kg, compared to 63 ml/kg for Combat Gauze and 32-64 ml/kg for other treatments